Brand Activation Manager – Oakland, CA
The Brand Activation Manager is a dedicated, passionate brand advocate with an entrepreneurial drive to take a premium Spirits Brand to new heights. This position is for an ambitious self-starter who is highly driven to succeed and enjoys going the extra mile to achieve results. The Brand Activation Manager role is a multi-faceted position encompassing marketing, activation ideation and execution, sales, and event management with great autonomy and ownership. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about building brands, disrupting traditional channels, and doing the unexpected.
- Market Management
- Be the expert, in-market authority on the brand
- Seek opportunities to sample, educate, expose, and partner with influencers and consumers
- Identify, partner with, and execute events in accounts
- Work with the local commercial team to ensure they are informed of area activity
- Create summary program recaps identifying key metrics, learnings, competitive and local market insight and future program recommendations
- Account Management
- Develop on/off premise and non-licensed accounts to establish relationships with key trade partners and local influencers
- Increase brand visibility in the on/off premise with locally developed programs
- Secure menu placements and visibility
- Build brand advocacy through brand trainings for key staff in on and off-premise accounts
- Additional Responsibilities
- Reporting: Complete event reports, program recaps, expense reports, consumer insights, competitor positioning
- Appropriately represent the Brand and its desired target consumer demographic
- 2-3 years of Marketing or Sales experience required
- Previous experience in the alcohol beverage industry preferred
- Strong local market knowledge
- Ability to think creatively, execute non-traditional marketing campaigns, and create new activations
- Motivated self-starter, articulate, charismatic, outgoing, and professional
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and partner with trade and consumers
- Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
- Ability to conduct oneself in an ethical and professional manner at all times
- Ability to understand, manage, and responsibly track assigned budgets
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (nights and weekends)
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: Oakland, CA
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, equipment and product
- Ability to drive/travel through the designated market area
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional ways to improve.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely, well-dressed, and prepared for all meetings. Always practices responsible drinking habits.
- Communication: Provides strong communication with company workforce, client, distributor, and partners. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 55,000 – $ 65,000
Bonus Potential: $ 10,000
Auto Allowance: $ 3,300
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Optional Vision, 401K