Multicultural Brand Champion – Los Angeles, CA
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client Brown-Forman:
Brown-Forman is one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and sells its brands in more than 160 countries. Brown-Forman’s culture is a direct reflection of their deeply held core values of integrity, respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Their values permeate everything they do and guide their actions with employees, customers, and communities. Partner with this collegial company, building classic brands, where employees are recognized for their unique skills and talents while leaning on diverse teams and perspective to achieve success.
The el Jimador & Herradura Multicultural Brand Champion (eJHMBC) serves as a dedicated brand resource in the assigned territory. This position will focus on both general market el Jimador/Herradura as well as all multicultural market programming. Through the direction of the Brand Champion Manager (BCM) and Field Marketing Manager (FMM), the Brand Champion is held accountable for localizing national programs that align with the brand’s consumers and a specified number of accounts. The eJHMBC’s mission is to extend and amplify the brand’s reach by maximizing trial and awareness in these key accounts through the development and execution of localized national programs, with the objective of positioning themselves as the local brand expert.
Key Account Programming and Media Integration
- Leverages relationships with agreed upon key accounts to obtain distribution, drink features, menu placements and to localize national programs
- Works with the Social Interactive Manager to develop social/digital programming, targeting the core consumer
- Familiar and able to work with relevant social media channels
Local Consumer Marketing and Program Execution Management
- Localizes and manages the execution of national programs within targeted core consumer accounts and non-traditional venues
- Understands core consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion. Creates and maintains reach and connection to local cultural events and festivals
- Develops programs with multiple media and channel consumer touch-points, including, but not limited to on-premise, off-premise, social, digital, print, radio and television. Extends and amplifies local programs
- Works with local market to guide activities based on brand needs
- Focus brands include the Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands, el Jimador Family of Brands, Herradura Family of Brands
Brand and Category Education and Training
- Educates, promotes brand advocacy, and engages the consumer, trade and agency through consumer sampling, training and education, including:
- Wait Staff Training
- Barrel Selection
Brand and Category Championship
- Is the expert voice and works to establish and leverage Brown-Forman (B-F) as the expert in the specified category. Success will be measured on ability to educate consumers and present in a public forum. Specific objectives required for success will include completion of the following:
- Completion of assigned brand training modules
- Ongoing category and brand training
- Certified Specialist of Spirits training and certification
- Act as key contact for brand expertise at the consumer, distributor, agency and targeted consumer accounts
- Host scheduled local market visits when applicable
- Collaborate with the FMM and BF Public Relations (PR) managers to act as spokesperson for local PR and media activity
Consumer and Competitive Insights
- Sources for core consumer/channel/competitive insights
- Feeds local market intelligence up through the organization
- Uses insights to collaborate with brand and local sales teams to develop innovative localization of programs and ideas
Financial Responsibility and Administrative Requirements
- Effectively forecasts and allocates program resources against annual brand calendar
- Creates and manages budgets for all individually developed programs
- Manages ongoing allocation of program funds
- Timely submission of required program documents and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of marketing or sales experience within the beverage or consumer packaged goods industry
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Creative thinker with an ability to create and plan events that incorporate multiple media/channel consumer touch-points
- Strong presentation skills including expertise developing PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to collaborate and develop effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Resourceful and understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Has sound financial skills and experience managing a budget
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within accounts, communities and organizations
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Marketing Acumen
- Understands the basics of marketing and the impact on the brand
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing
- Manages assigned program resources, as directed by the FMM and BCM, towards the achievement of specific plans, projects and objectives. Effectively manages and completes all aspects of complex projects
- Acts as spokesperson/educator at consumer events. Represents the brand in a manner consistent with the brand-building model
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrates good business sense and strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives
- Excellent Communication
- Communicates information and ideas to others in an understandable manner. The ability to comprehend and understand new information. The ability to be candid and concise, while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect
- Always delivers reports with accuracy and timeliness. Returns communications (email, phone/text) with strong sense of urgency
- Sales Acumen
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively sell and promote within targeted consumer accounts
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional programs designed around where the target consumer works, lives and plays. Identifies, implements and ensures proper execution of relevant events and sponsorships.
- Brand and Category Expertise: Demonstrates strong brand knowledge and focus. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent the brands as the local market expert.
- Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Develops and maintains lasting relationships with media, trade and consumer, and key influencers.
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals.
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Links brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Participates in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to ensure that the experiential piece will work in the trade.
- Communication: Provides timely communication with BCM and FMM. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports accurately to internal metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 45,000 – $ 55,000
Bonus Opportunity: $ 12,000
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K