Greenhouse Account Manager – San Diego, CA
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client Brown-Forman:
Brown-Forman is one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and sells its brands in more than 160 countries. Brown-Forman’s culture is a direct reflection of their deeply held core values of integrity, respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Their values permeate everything they do and guide their actions with employees, customers, and communities. Partner with this collegial company, building classic brands, where employees are recognized for their unique skills and talents while leaning on diverse teams and perspective to achieve success.
The Greenhouse Account Manager (GAM) serves as a dedicated Sales and Marketing resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of Field Marketing, the Brown-Forman Market Manager (FMM), and the Greenhouse Program Manager (GPM), the GAM is held accountable for executing account programming that aligns with the field objectives. The GAM will be tasked with thinking creatively, within the framework of account programs that align with marketing strategies and drive volume in a focused number of accounts. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have credibility in the industry and develop account relationships to drive velocity through drink features, bartender advocacy, and brand education.
- Manage Business in Defined Account Universe: Drive Brown-Forman’s velocity through trade advocacy, menus, features and brand visibility.
- Brand Education and Training: Serve as the primary contact for brand expertise/training at “consumer event” level through promotional assets at on/off premise accounts or non-traditional venues.
- Point of Sale Management: As a part of program execution, coordinate and leverage both consumer and account Point of Sale (POS).
- Cultivate Local Opportunities: Identify event opportunities within market and key account universe to feature Brown-Forman’s brand portfolio.
- Insights: Provide consumer/channel/competitive insights and communicate local market intelligence up through the organization. Participate with the Brand/Regional environmental analysis and collaborate with territory/brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of marketing or sales experience within the beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams.
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends).
- Strong presentation skills including expertise developing PowerPoint presentations & marketing plans.
- Has sound financial skills, including experience managing a budget for supporting accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing:
- Manage assigned program resources, as directed by the Field Marketing & Brown-Forman Market Manager, towards the achievement of specific plans, projects and objectives.
- Effectively manage and complete all aspects of complex projects.
- Excellent Communications:
- Communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner. Comprehend and understand new information. The ability to be candid and concise, while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect.
- Always deliver reports with accuracy and timeliness. Return communications (email, phone/text) with strong sense of urgency, in a manner consistent with the brand-building model.
- Marketing Acumen:
- Understand the basics of marketing and the impact on the brand.
- Continuously learn in rapidly changing and competitive market environment.
- Business Acumen:
- Demonstrate good business sense, strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional programs designed around the target consumer.
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Demonstrates ability to link brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Participates in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to see that the experiential piece will work in the trade.
- Communication: Provides constant communication with GPM and FMM. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency (manage down efficiently). Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 45,000 – $ 50,000
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K