Greenhouse Territory Manager – Portland, OR
The Greenhouse Territory Manager (GTM) serves as a dedicated Sales and Marketing resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Field Marketing and Brown-Forman State Manager (SM), the GTM is held accountable for executing localized programming that drives business and aligns with the field objectives. GTMs will be tasked with thinking creatively within the framework of programs meant to extend and amplify events, sponsorships and promotional execution. Additionally, the Territory Manager will assemble a staff of committed, brand-educated Promotional Specialists to execute event programming in an effort to engage consumers with specific brands in the Brown-Forman portfolio, both on and off premise.
- Local Consumer Event Activation: Plan, execute and supervise Brown-Forman consumer events and sponsorships.
- Key Account Management: Oversee a strategic account list with relationship-based sales so as to leverage field objectives for Brown-Forman brands.
- Promotional Oversight: Hire, train and manage a team of Promotional Specialists (PSs); ensure staff is trained to provide each event with quality images, sales data and feedback online via the GARDEN.
- Brand and Category Education and Training: Serve as a primary contact for brand expertise/training at distributor, trade and consumer events through promotional assets, whether the events are at on/off-premise accounts or other type of venue.
- Channel Brand Building: Champion the on-premise, off-premise and non-traditional/non-licensed brand-building efforts by creating and executing lasting trade and consumer activation plans.
- Point of Sale Management: As a part of program execution, coordinate and leverage both consumer and account POS.
- Account Event Opportunities: As a local market expert, seek out event opportunities within key accounts to feature promotional resources and highlight Brown-Forman’s brand portfolio.
- Insights: Be a source for consumer/channel/competitive insights. Feed local market intelligence up through the organization. Participate with the brand/regional environmental analysis and collaborate with territory/brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas.
- On-Premise Broker Management: Execute on-premise programming for key accounts. Additionally, oversee the execution of programming outside of key accounts through the broker partnership and support the execution of market and state-wide programming.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of marketing or sales experience within the beverage or CPG industry.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams.
- Resourcefulness, an understanding of how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources.
- Strong presentation skills including expertise developing PowerPoint presentations and marketing plans.
- Sound financial skills, experience managing a budget for supporting accounts.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends).
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area.
Essential Job Functions:
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing
- Manage assigned program resources, as directed by the Field Marketing and Brown-Forman State Manager, towards the achievement of specific plans, projects and objectives.
- Effectively manage and complete all aspects of complex projects.
- Excellent Communication
- Communicate information and ideas to others in an understandable manner.
- Comprehend and understand new information.
- Be candid and concise, while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect.
- Always deliver reports with accuracy and timeliness.
- Return communications (email, phone/text) with strong sense of urgency in a manner consistent with the brand-building model.
- Marketing Acumen
- Understand the basics of marketing and the impact on the brand.
- Continue learning in rapidly changing and competitive market environment.
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrate good business sense and strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives.
Essential Physical Abilities:
Candidate must be able to:
- Communicate effectively in person, over the phone, in email and in presentations.
- Observe associate, customer/member or supplier behavior.
- Enter and locate information on computer.
- Create documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success.
- Lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Sit/stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Pick up and transport POS, event equipment, product, etc.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: Demonstrates ability to work autonomously and deliver against predetermined brand and program goals.
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional programs designed around where the target consumer works, lives and plays. Identifies, implements and ensures proper execution of relevant events and sponsorships.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, is well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Demonstrates ability to link brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Participates in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to ensure that the experiential piece will work in the trade.
- Communication: Provides constant communication with SM and FMM. This includes managing the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 50,000 – $ 55,000
Bonus Opportunity: 10%
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K