Market Manager – Atlanta, GA
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About our Client:
Company is a pioneer in vaping and a leader in a public health revolution against combustible cigarettes. Over the last several years, Company has continued to serve as the innovation and thought leader in the vaping category, which is experiencing significant growth. To manifest its simple mission to “make smoking history”, Company sells commercial electronic nicotine products for smokers looking for an alternative and to thereby improve their lives. Company’s products are available online and at Convenience Stores and Drug Stores nationally.
The Market Manager (MM) oversees a local consumer sampling program and develops and executes localized brand programming in the assigned territory. The MM works closely with Third Party Activation agencies to ensure standards are met and goals are surpassed. Through the direction of the National Program Manager, this individual is accountable for localizing national programs that align with the brand’s consumers. The MM’s mission is to amplify the brand’s reach through education, trial and awareness at the consumer and store level.
- TPA Management: Manage local Third Party Agencies that actively execute promotions. This includes the on-boarding and contracting process, GARDEN and brand trainings, and reporting oversight. Conduct trainings for the TPAs’ team of brand ambassadors to ensure they understand the brand experience, pre-event merchandising standards, and how to use the proper tools to execute successful events.
- Reporting: Create TPA scorecards, monthly brand reports, and detailed quarterly reports. Provide performance statistics and conversion percentages for products. Utilize GARDEN (Greenhouse’s online platform) to organize results, including budget management, consumer intercepts, consumer impressions, event integrity, consumer demographics, consumer insights, competitive intel and images. Manage the GARDEN system for the program in assigned territory, including creating TPA profiles, entering events, and making changes to events. Review all reports and recaps before providing to Greenhouse management and the Client.
- POS & Event Oversight: Conduct event audits of TPA events and ensure accuracy of online reporting. Manage inventory and fulfillment for consumer and account Point of Sale (POS). Participate in sales blitzes and merchandise stores/accounts.
- Merchandising: Support new points of distribution, display activity, and shelf management objectives with appropriate branded POS materials.
- Advocacy & Education: Provide brand and category education, build brand advocacy, and engage the consumer, store staff/clerks, and influencers. Act as the expert voice of the Client’s brands and the vaping category. Successful MMs will be comfortable with public speaking and educating consumers, become a trusted key contact for brand expertise, and engage in ongoing category and brand training to grow knowledge further.
- Localized Consumer Marketing: Localize Client’s brand programming and plan/execute best in class consumer marketing programs. Develop programs/events with multiple consumer touch points.
- Consumer and Competitive Insights: Source for consumer, channel, and competitive insights and communicate information up through the organization. Use insights to collaborate with brand teams to develop innovative programs and ideas. Provide strong communication with Client team and Greenhouse National Program Manager and return emails, phone, and text message with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of marketing or sales experience within the vaping or Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Professional experience in adult nightlife events and knowledge of key industry contacts and spots required
- Sales experience required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel throughout the designated market area
- Creative thinker with an ability to create and plan events that effectively target the consumer
- Excellent communication skills, including effective public speaking
- Able to build and maintain relationships within retail accounts, communities and organizations
- Able to effectively train members of trade and act as an exemplary brand resource
- Able to work independently as well as collaborate with fellow colleagues
- Willing to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Detail oriented
- Strong sense of intuition and sound judgment
Further success factors include:
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Brand and Category Expertise: Demonstrates strong brand knowledge and focus. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent the brands as the local market expert.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional ways to improve.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely, well-dressed, and prepared for all meetings. Always practices responsible personal habits.
- Planning and Implementation: Demonstrates ability to independently plan and implement company procedures that have been developed internally.
- Communication: Provides constant communication with entire company workforce, vendors, third parties, clients, employees, and partners. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, and email.
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to organize and sort through documents/files.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 55,000 – $ 65,000
Bonus Opportunity: 10%
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
For this Market Manager position, we’re offering our Friends of Greenhouse Referral Program!