Jack Daniel’s Multicultural Brand Champion – Los Angeles, CA
The Brand Champion (BC) serves as a dedicated brand resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Brand Champion Manager (BCM) and Field Marketing Manager (FMM), the Brand Champion is held accountable for localizing national programs that align with the brand’s consumers and a specified number of accounts. The BC’s mission is to extend and amplify the brand’s reach by maximizing trial and awareness in these key accounts through the development and execution of localized national programs, with the objective of positioning themselves as the local brand expert.
Key Account Programming and Media Integration:
- Leverage relationships with up to 25 key accounts to obtain distribution, drink features, menu placements and to localize national programs
- Work with the Social Interactive Manager to develop social/digital programming, targeting the core consumer
- Familiar and able to work with relevant social media channels
Local Consumer Marketing and Program Execution Management:
- Localize and manage the execution of national programs within targeted consumer accounts and non-traditional venues
- Understand consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion. Create and maintain reach and connection to local cultural events and festivals
- Develop programs with multiple media and channel consumer touch-points, including, but not limited to on-premise, off-premise, social, digital, print, radio and television. Extend and amplify local programs
- Work with local market to guide activities based on brand needs
- Brand Responsibilities:
- 80% Jack Daniel’s Family of Brands
- 20% All other Brown Forman Brands
Brand and Category Education and Training:
- Educate, promote brand advocacy, and engage the consumer, trade and agency through consumer sampling, training and education, including:
- Wait Staff Training
- Barrel Selection
Brand and Category Championship:
- Be the expert voice and work to establish and leverage Brown-Forman (B-F) as the expert in the specified category. Success will be measured on ability to educate consumers and present in a public forum. Specific objectives required for success will include completion of the following:
- Completion of assigned brand training modules
- Ongoing category and brand training
- Certified Specialist of Spirits training and certification
- Act as key contact for brand expertise at the consumer, distributor, agency and targeted consumer accounts
- Host scheduled local market visits when applicable
- Collaborate with the Jack Daniel’s Public Relations (PR) managers to act as spokesperson for local PR and media activity
Consumer and Competitive Insights:
- Source for consumer/channel/competitive (Hispanic) insights
- Feed local market intelligence up through the organization
- Use insights to collaborate with brand and local sales teams to develop innovative localization of programs and ideas
Financial Responsibility and Administrative Requirements:
- Effectively forecast and allocate program resources against annual brand calendar
- Create and manage budgets for all individually developed programs
- Manage ongoing allocation of program funds
- Timely submission of required program documents and deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of marketing or sales experience within the beverage or consumer packaged goods industry
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Creative thinker with an ability to create and plan events that incorporate multiple media/channel consumer touch-points
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong presentation skills including expertise developing PowerPoint presentations
- Ability to collaborate and develop effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Resourceful and understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Has sound financial skills and experience managing a budget
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within accounts, communities and organizations
- Marketing Acumen
- Understands the basics of marketing and the impact on the brand
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing
- Manages assigned program resources, as directed by the FMM and BCM, towards the achievement of specific plans, projects and objectives. Effectively manages and completes all aspects of complex projects
- Acts as spokesperson/educator at consumer events. Represents the brand in a manner consistent with the brand-building model
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrates good business sense and strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and efficient use of financial resources to achieve intended objectives
- Excellent Communication
- Communicates information and ideas to others in an understandable manner. The ability to comprehend and understand new information. The ability to be candid and concise, while setting a professional standard for treating others with dignity and respect
- Always delivers reports with accuracy and timeliness. Returns communications (email, phone/text) with strong sense of urgency
- Sales Acumen
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively sell and promote within targeted consumer accounts
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional programs designed around where the target consumer works, lives and plays. Identifies, implements and ensures proper execution of relevant events and sponsorships.
- Brand and Category Expertise: Demonstrates strong brand knowledge and focus. Consistently demonstrates the ability to understand and represent the brands as the local market expert.
- Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Develops and maintains lasting relationships with media, trade and consumer, and key influencers.
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals.
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Links brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Participates in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to ensure that the experiential piece will work in the trade.
- Communication: Provides timely communication with BCM and FMM. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports accurately to internal metrics system.
Base Salary: $ 45,000 – $ 55,000 DOE
Bonus Opportunity: $ 12,000
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K