National Program Manager – Bay Area, CA
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundaryless and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client:
Our client is one of the world’s largest wine companies. Through world-class winemaking and brand marketing, their business is focused on meeting evolving consumer interests across the globe, and on delivering sustainable growth. Everything they do is dedicated to realizing their vision of becoming the world’s most celebrated wine company. They thrive on innovation, continuous improvement and commercial achievement.
The National Program Manager (NPM) is responsible for direct oversight of a major Wine Supplier’s sampling program and any potential extensions. This position will be working internally at the Wine Supplier’s corporate office, managing a national team of 50+ Activation agencies, and 75+ field sales representatives.
The NPM is responsible for delivering vision, direction, and leadership through excellence in communication, strategical program development, and execution. The NPM will provide a direct line of communication to Consumer Marketing and Brand teams, aiding in the strategy, planning, and overall growth of the program. This position will require the development, implementation, and management of efficient communication and information between the Wine Supplier and Greenhouse (GH) Upper Management. Establish, monitor, and maintain an efficient and effective process of delivering activation in all classes of trade for the portfolio of brands. The NPM will act as the face of Greenhouse within the Wine Supplier and will meet monthly, quarterly, and annually with teams to ensure that program directives are being achieved and new direction for future opportunities is being pursued. Candidates may be located in San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco. This position will report to the Oakland headquarters.
Strategic Planning and Programming:
- Work closely with Consumer Marketing and Brand teams to identify opportunities to continually evolve the Program
- Responsible for overall delivery of clients strategic and tactical needs within the program
- Responsible for creating and managing a metric / vehicle to measure program success
- Responsible for the oversight of the following positions as they pertain to the Wine Supplier’s sampling program
- National Network of Third Party Agencies
- National Sales Teams – Program specific duties
- Ensure that all third party contracts comply with GH and Supplier standards
- Collaborate with National Program Director to ensure proper training and development for entire team
- Constant communication with Marketing, Brand, and Sales teams
- Work closely with GH upper management to provide program direction from client side
- Conduct weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual updates with GH Upper management and Wine Supplier on execution, budget, fulfillment and analytics
- Ensure program results and best practices are shared throughout Supplier and GH
- Ensure that field level consumer and competitive insights obtained within the program are being shared throughout Supplier and GH
- 4 year degree and a minimum 5 years management experience, preferably in the consumer beverage marketing industry
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to understand and execute brand strategy and ‘big picture’ thinking
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to delegate and manage
- Strong presentation skills and professionalism
- Strong analytical skills including ability to interpret consumer research data, financials, and competitive activity
- Conflict resolution and the ability to deal with difficult situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to be flexible in focus and position effectiveness
- Strong financial acumen
Position Financials (Annual):
Base salary: $75,000 – $ 85,000
Benefits: Health, Dental, Optional Vision, 401K