Penfolds Brand Ambassador – Metro New York City, NY
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, Treasury Wine Estates:
Treasury Wine Estates is one of the world’s largest wine companies. Through world-class winemaking and brand marketing, their business is focused on meeting evolving consumer interests across the globe, and on delivering sustainable growth. Everything they do is dedicated to realizing their vision of becoming the world’s most celebrated wine company. They thrive on innovation, continuous improvement and commercial achievement.
The Penfolds Brand Ambassador (PBA) serves as a dedicated Brand and Sales resource in the assigned market, working to drive brand growth against specific KPI goals. The PBA will build relationships with key bartenders, decision makers and distributor staff. He/She is responsible for growing distribution and developing/driving effective pull-through programming and volume. This individual will work with an influential set of on-premise and retail accounts, as well as developing target account lists and account placements. The PBA will educate and engage consumers, trade, and distributors in order to increase brand awareness and create brand advocacy/affinity for the Collection.
- Brand Education, Training, and Expertise:
- Serve as brand/category product knowledge expert. Have expert knowledge on competitor brands and conduct competitive analysis
- Provide specific brand expertise in retail interactions to leverage a brand opportunity, when requested by distributor
- Educate the consumer, trade, and agency through direct interaction including:
- Providing brand expertise/training at the distributor, consumer, and key account level
- Developing and executing Affinity Programming, such as Collector Dinners and other educational opportunities
- Provide consumer, channel, and competitive insights. Use insights to collaborate with brand and local sales teams to develop innovative localization of programs and ideas
- Carry out engagements that will create brand awareness, encourage trial, and build brand’s social media base
- Sales Integration:
- Develop and maintain specific Target Accounts list to grow the Collection
- Secure new Points of Distribution in select Retail and On-Premise accounts. Obtain display and merchandising opportunities
- Strengthen category leadership by obtaining menu placements in influential accounts
- Conduct and plan special events with recaps
- Partner with the Distributor to expand brand footprint. Support the distributor’s efforts to meet trade priorities and goals
- 3 – 4 years of Marketing or Sales experience within Beverage industry required
- Fine Wine knowledge required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of Distributor relations and On-Premise/Retail channels, and local connections in the industry
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
- Energetic, outgoing, and personable
- Passionate about brand building
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Able to sell into new accounts and support new points of distribution
- Ability to work with relevant social media channels
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Strong business acumen, including Microsoft Office, professional communication, and presentation building
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Candidate must reside in or near the territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
Essential Physical Functions:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Creates documents, reports, and event recaps
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport Point of Sale (POS), event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Additional Attributes for Success in the Position:
- Develop and Maintain Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Develops and maintains lasting relationships with media, trade and consumer, key influencers
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes Demonstrated enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance
- Planning and Implementation: Links brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential consumer events.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 65,000 – $ 75,000
Bonus Opportunity: 10%
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K