Sales and Activation Manager – San Diego, CA
The Sales and Activation Manager (SAM) serves as a dedicated Sales and Marketing resource in the San Diego market. We are seeking an outgoing individual to serve as a brand specialist in the local bar and retail scene. The SAM will get new accounts to fall in love with the Client’s new product and make established accounts that much crazier about it. This person will also win over the management, bartenders, servers, and customers by rolling up his/her sleeves, sampling and discussing the brand, and teaching all who will listen to love it like you do. Additionally, the SAM engages consumers through various marketing platforms, including social media, and delivering meaningful analytics that accurately provide the client and distributor with up-to-date market activity. The SAM will assemble a staff of committed, brand-educated Promotional Specialists to execute consumer samplings on behalf of the priority brand(s), both on and off premise.
- Sales: Secure new Points of Distribution through account calls via key account list. Secure menu placement on drink menus. Align with distributor sales rep personnel to secure order placement.
- Display Activity: Obtain display footprint in key off-premise accounts in support of New Distribution and consumer sampling opportunities. Display opportunities include minimum 3-case stacks on the floor, cold box placement, and at the point of sale.
- Brand Positioning: Ensure new PODs and display activity coincide with shelf management and brand profile within key account base. Seek out and report new opportunities, competitive information, competitive activity, etc.
- POS/Merchandising: Support new points of distribution, display activity, and shelf management objectives with appropriate branded materials.
- Promotional Activity:
- Develop and present brand information to educate consumers and train trade personnel (bartenders/bar staff) on the brand.
- Leverage all aforementioned activity through the scheduling and activation of consumer sampling events. Events are to be primarily executed by SAM and supported by Promotional Specialist, dependent upon event count.
- Conduct samplings (where legal) at on-premise and off-premise accounts; participate in distributor presentations/training and sales team ride-alongs, host promotions.
- Train, engage and inspire crowds as well as individual consumers
- Apply a dynamic approach to presenting and communicating effectively with our audience; including a high degree of professionalism and credibility
- Social Media Engagement: Will be required to post on various social media outlets to amplify local market activity. Engage in media interviews as appropriate
- GARDEN: Organize results in Greenhouse’s online platform (GARDEN), including budget management, new points of distribution, display activity, brand positioning, promotional activity (consumer intercepts, number of consumers sampled, consumer comments/feedback, POS utilization, and consumer conversion percentage). Provide timely, accurate post-event reporting via an online reporting system.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2-3 years of event activation experience
- Bartending experience is a huge plus
- Available to work during daytime, nights, weekends
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with fellow colleagues
- Resourceful and detail-oriented
- Proficient in social media outlets (i.e. Facebook and Instagram)
- Strong sense of intuition and sound judgment
- Must not be involved with, working for or representing any other beer, wine, or spirits brands during this timeframe
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
Essential Job Functions:
- Excellent Communication:
- Maintain consistent availability and accountability to client’s needs and inquiries.
- Create pre-plans for execution that provide a clear vision for event execution, timelines, resources needed, desired results for targeted consumer (what success looks like), and “asks” of our client and their distributor partner(s).
- Planning, Organizing, and Prioritizing:
- Provide local market planning for client/distributor. Organize client brand priorities against researched local market opportunities for non-traditional market activations.
- The SAM is accountable for the accuracy in GARDEN, both event data and expenses.
- Must organize execution content in a format that is relevant and consistent for the client.
- Business Acumen:
- Demonstrate good business sense, strong judgment, including the ability to make effective and sound decisions.
- Strong sense of ethics, morals, sensitivity and confidentiality.
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively in person, over the phone, in email and in presentations
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to organize and sort through documents/files
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, equipment and product
- Ability to drive/travel through the designated market area
Further success factors include:
- Collaboration: Demonstrates the ability to work on projects with cross-functional teams to meet consensus goals.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative, non-traditional ways to improve.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Independently plans and implements company procedures that have been developed internally.
- Communication: Provides constant communication with entire company workforce, vendors, third parties, clients, employees, and partners. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 40,000 – $ 45,000
Communication Allowance: $ 1,200
Auto Allowance: $ 6,600
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K