Scotch Brand Ambassador – Chicago, IL
The Scotch Brand Ambassador serves as a dedicated brand resource focused on growing the BenRiach, GlenDronach and Glenglassaugh in Chicago. Through the direction of the Emerging Brands team and in collaboration with the Greenhouse Brand Champion Manager, the Brand Ambassador’s mission is to increase visibility and brand awareness among consumers and trade and to create trial and adoption opportunities within the off and on premise.
The Scotch Brand Ambassador will be looked upon as a trade and industry liaison and a key contact for national organizations such as the United States Bartender’s Guild (USBG). This individual will lead the brand’s efforts in attracting the interest and adoption of the high-end scotch accounts, influential cocktail and whisky accounts. He/she will conduct regular meetings and trainings with the distributor and trade to strengthen Brown-Forman’s position within these organizations.
The Scotch Brand Ambassador may also serve as the spokesperson for the brands with both trade and consumer media platforms.
Brand and Category Championship
- Serve as brand expert for the above brands, as well as the Scotch category expert
- Work to establish and leverage the role as the expert in the category for Scotch
- Have expert knowledge on competitor brands
- Act as spokesperson for public relations and media activity
- Support national initiatives in local market;
- Conduct competitive analysis and master class level training
- Utilize category knowledge to represent BR, GD and GG in local industry panel discussions
- Provide specific brand expertise in retail interactions to leverage a brand opportunity, when requested by distributors
- Work with national accounts team through the Field Marketing Manager on drink strategy/design and event conceptualization and execution. The Ambassador will be responsible for supporting any developed events.
Brand, Cocktail and Category Education and Training
- Educate the consumer, trade and agency through direct interaction including:
- Provide brand expertise/training at the distributor and key account level
- Provide brand education to amplify consumer and trade dinners and other educational opportunities
- Liaise with the local on-premise manager to help build the brand in top scotch accounts (defined by local team and distributor).
- Activities include:
- Increase family of brands footprint through obtaining new points of distribution
- Strengthen category leadership by obtaining menu placements in influential accounts.
Consumer Marketing and Media Integration
- Liaise with the Emerging Brand Public Relations Manager and Digital Manager to help amplify brands public relations and digital platforms, which includes:
- Primary spokesperson for brand in media appearances that include cocktails/mixology
- Bartender outreach
- Storytelling exercises
- Assistance in brand tool box development and ideation exercises
- Primary host of cocktail demonstrations, across digital platforms
- Provide innovative recipe development with key trends and forecasting
Financial Responsibility & Administrative Requirements
- Effectively forecast and allocate program resources against brand commitments
- Timely submission of required program documents and deliverables
- Four years of experience within the whisky and whiskey category
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- Entrepreneurial minded
- Creative thinker with an ability to innovate around the brand
- Excellent public speaking, presentation and communication skills
- Familiar with developing PowerPoint presentations
- Able to collaborate and develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has sound financial skills and experience managing a budget
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Shows strong networking skills and ability to build and maintain relationships within accounts, communities and organizations
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
Essential Physical Functions:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, and event recaps
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport Point of Sale (POS), event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Additional Attributes for Success in the Position:
- Develop and Maintain Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Develops and maintains lasting relationships with media, trade and consumer, key influencers
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrated enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Links brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Additionally, the Brand Ambassador is expected to participate in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to ensure that the experiential piece will work in the trade
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 72,000 – $ 80,000
Bonus Opportunity: $ 10,000
Auto Allowance: $ 10,000
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401K