The Field Sales Manager serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory
Field Sales Manager – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Greenhouse is a boundary-less integrated engagement agency, curating creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, Honest Tea:
Honest Tea, founded in 1998, started with a simple goal, to create a healthy, organic drink centered on sustainability and transparency. Part of Coca Cola’s family of brands, Honest Tea was built out of a thirst for a delicious but less sweet-tasting beverage option. A leading brand in the Health & Wellness category, Honest seeks to create and promote great-tasting, healthy, organic beverages. Join the Honest mission to grow their family of brands with the same honesty and integrity used to craft their recipes, with sustainability and great taste for all.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Director of Field Marketing (DFM) and the Honest Tea General Manager (GM) and Region Marketing Manager (RMM) the FSM is accountable for building profitable volume of Honest Tea through the expansion of outlet distribution, implementation of key selling strategies, increased brand facings, as well as, securing favorable display and merchandising footprints within key accounts. This role will develop account relationships that drive velocity through engagement, brand advocacy and education with consumers and key account staff alike. Additionally, the ideal candidate must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be detailed oriented and professional in all communication.
Channel Focus: Off-Premise and On-Premise (small eating/drinking outlets like delis and coffee shops)
Local & Key Account Programming 60%:
- Secure New Points of Distribution (PODs) and maintain a pipeline of prospects
- Gain new and increase existing brand facings, securing superior representation versus competitive set
- Ensure all merchandising standards are satisfied within local & key accounts – this Includes application of coupons and building displays
- Identify consumer sampling opportunities in support of local accounts and focus territory and partner with the local field marketing team to execute
Account Relationship Management 20%:
- Develop and execute effective sales strategies in partnership with the bottler based on local market opportunity and insights gathered through execution of the role
- Develop retailer relationships
- Respond to retailer needs, concerns, or questions as it relates to Honest Tea
- Work with Coca Cola team to create and enact incentive programs aimed at driving brand affinity and increasing sales velocity
- Assist in product delivery when needed
- Actively monitor inventory levels and review brand performance regularly with core leadership team
Bottler Advocacy (10%):
- Manage Coca Cola Bottler incentive programming as it relates to Honest Tea
- Attend, Participate & Lead General Sales Meetings (GSMs)
- Schedule and participate in market visits, ride alongs & Spot Appointments
- Secure weekly (or other) standing communication with relevant Coca Cola Bottler stakeholders
- Execute sales objectives with regular tracking and progress reports
- Submit all required reporting in a timely and complete fashion to designated program stakeholders
- Utilize Greenhouse CRM tool (GARDEN) to record account calls and KPI activity in “real-time”
- Conduct ongoing SWOT analysis of business management and make recommendations within reporting check points (weekly, monthly, quarterly) as needed
- Collect and synthesize retailer feedback on Honest Tea and share with the brand team
- Provide ongoing communication on marketing, executional opportunities, new innovation in the market and share information with the team
- 2-3 years of CPG products sales experience
- Beverage industry experience preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong brand marketing and negotiation skills
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Ability to be a passionate and enthusiastic brand ambassador for the Honest brand
- Has strong Business Acumen, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite Professional communication, and Presentation development
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Results-driven and customer-focused mentality with a collaborative attitude
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Willingness to work unconventional hours to meet outlet/bottler needs (early mornings and weekends)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Ability to travel out of state
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, merchandising equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation)
- Collaborate with Systems, Customers and Other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company, bottlers and VEB Bottler contacts)
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others’ development to achieve full potential
- Growth Mindset: Demonstrates Curiosity. Welcomes failure as a learning opportunity.
- Smart Risk: Makes bold decisions/recommendations
- Externally Focused: Understands the upstream and downstream implications of his/her work. Tracks and shares external trends, best practices, or ideas.
- Performance Driven & Accountable: Has high performance standards. Outperforms her/his peers.
- Fast/Agile: Removes barriers to move faster. Experiments and adapts. Thrives under pressure and fast pace.
- Empowered: Brings solutions instead of problems. Challenges the status quo. Has the courage to take an unpopular stance.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 75,000 – $ 85,000
Bonus: 10% of base
Auto Allowance: $ 2,600
Public Transit Allowance: $ 4,000
Communication Allowance: $ 2,400
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K