Greenhouse Territory Manager – Chicago
The Territory Manager (TM) is responsible for direct oversight of Retail Account Managers (RAM) within assigned regions and serves as the primary point of contact for Client Stakeholders, Greenhouse National Program Director (NPD) and RAMs. This position directly manages a team of RAMs within a designated region, in addition to facilitating program initiatives and securing stakeholder alignment with respect to program execution and reporting.
The TM is responsible for delivering vision, direction and leadership to a team of Retail Account Managers (12 – 15). This individual will work closely with the Greenhouse National Program Director (GH NPD) to ensure alignment and proper execution of national and regional program strategy, objectives and success metrics, while establishing, monitoring, and maintaining an efficient and effective process of delivering best in-class execution and retail engagement across all channels (On-Premise, Supermarkets, Independent Retailers and Convenience Retail).
As the face of Greenhouse, the TM will communicate frequently with the GH NPD and regional client stakeholders to ensure alignment of program opportunities and objectives, while ensuring program imperatives are being achieved and excelled.
The TM will also serve as the primary point of contact with respect to distributor engagement, commercial performance, implementation of localized brand strategy and managing route-to-market objectives that are tied to the program imperatives.
Main Responsibilities / Activities:
Strategic Planning and Programming (25%):
- Identify opportunities to enhance program effectiveness on a continual basis, ensuring execution and objectives represent optimal regional and local market opportunity:
- Constantly identify ways to increase value of program to client, distributors and key buyers.
- Review the RAM statement of work (SOW) on a continual basis and make strategic recommendations regarding program objectives to uncover opportunities, based on insights leveraged from on-going program execution and reporting:
- Responsible for overall delivery of clients strategic and tactical needs within the program.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of key metrics (KPIs), ensuring measurable program success, always.
- Secure all programming in compliance with all state and local laws and is in line with client corporate directives.
Distribution Alignment (35%):
- Train and support Distributor Sales teams:
- Establish strong working relationships with sales teams by cultivating relationships, delivering business back to the distributor, in addition to being the go-to person for product & brand information and excellence.
- Update the Account(s) and Territory alignment on a continual basis.
- Work with client stakeholders (regional and local) to monitor inventory levels to help ensure timely ordering patterns for all product and point of sale orders. Always notify the NPD of any potential issues ahead.
- Coordinate alignment meetings with key distributor stakeholders to support launch of new programming, brand and product training and incentive activities.
- Host regular weekly alignment calls with key route to market personnel, providing an agenda in advance (Account Leads, Best Practices, Key Sales Metrics)
- Conduct regular (monthly) work withs DSMs to identify new outlet opportunities and/or distribution gaps
Financial Oversight (15%):
- Work closely with GH NPD and Greenhouse Finance team to develop and monitor all program budgets.
- Ensure that all financial resources are driving the growth and objectives outlined in the Program SOW.
- Conduct monthly budget reviews with regional and local client stakeholders via Budget vs. Actual documentation to ensure proper trending of budget utilization.
Human Capital (15%):
- Responsible for the oversight and development of all RAMs.
- Ensure that all third-party contracts comply with Greenhouse and client standards.
- Collaborate with GH NPD to ensure proper training, motivation and development for the entire team.
- Execute regular market work-withs across designated region(s) and positions to ensure proper execution and brand representation.
- Constant communication with internal client stakeholders and channel managers.
- Conduct monthly reviews with NPD, rooted in KPI execution and personnel evaluation.
- Ensure program results and best practices are shared throughout program.
- Ensure RAMs are effectively and proactively utilizing Repsly and providing monthly recaps of activities logged against KPIs.
- 5+ years of beverage Sales & Marketing experience; CPG experience preferred
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent communication, articulation, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the extended sales and brand teams.
- Strong business acumen, including; Microsoft Office, professional communication, presentation development.
- Ability to work with relevant social media channels and understand the brand’s social media marketing strategy.
- Understanding of efficiencies by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources.
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends).
- Must be willing to live in the focus market.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel (drive) through the designated market area.
- Fluent in Spanish
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations.
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success.
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Punctual for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Bottler contacts. This includes, the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.
Position Financials (Annual):
Base Salary: $ 65,000 – 75,000
Auto Allowance: $ 4,800
Communication Allowance: $ 600
Travel Budget: $15,000
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K