The Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador serves as both Ambassador and Sales Representative in the New York City market, working to build the brand and drive growth.
Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador – New York City, NY
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About our Client, Brown-Forman:
Brown-Forman is one of the largest American-owned spirits and wine companies and sells its brands in more than 160 countries. Brown-Forman’s culture is a direct reflection of their deeply held core values of integrity, respect, trust, teamwork, and excellence. Their values permeate everything they do and guide their actions with employees, customers, and communities. Partner with this collegial company, building classic brands, where employees are recognized for their unique skills and talents while leaning on diverse teams and perspective to achieve success.
The Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador (JDBA) serves as both Ambassador and Sales Representative in the New York City market, working to build the brand and drive growth against specific KPI goals. The JDBA will build relationships with key bartenders, decision makers and distributor staff. He/she thinks creatively and knows how to connect our brand with consumers and trade. The ideal candidate has 3+ years of experience selling on and off premise.
- New activation of on and off- sale accounts (cold calls and existing accounts)
- Brand development: education and delivery of our message to the trade and consumers
- Conducting and planning special events with recaps
- Developing and maintaining Specific Target Accounts inclusive of up to date reports
- Achieving KPI objectives for specific market within assigned field sales budget
- Communicating regularly and working effectively with Manager on market research findings as well as determining goals
- Fluid presentation skill set on and off- premise
- Executing consumer samplings: self-managed events and model managed events
- Interacting with consumers on the selling points
- Supporting the distributor’s efforts to meet trade priorities and goals as defined in the brand standards
- Identifying key market influencers, establishing relationships and developing into an ambassador for the brand
- Carrying out engagements that will create brand awareness, encourage trial, and build brand’s social media base
- Implementing marketing tools, cocktail menu, displays, POS with creative ideas
- Reports to FMM and local market contact (State Manager); JDBA must be self-motivated, goal oriented and organized with a passion to succeed
- Participating in blitzes for retail, on-premise and multicultural
- Managing budgets and ensuring timely submission of required program documents/deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of high-end mixology experience required
- Willingness to travel
- Must be reliable and responsible
- Has high energy/outgoing personality
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be 21 years or older
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Candidate must reside in or near the territory
Essential Physical Functions:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, and event recaps
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 50 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport Point of Sale (POS), event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Additional Attributes for Success in the Position:
- Develop and Maintain Key Channel/Customer Relationships: Develops and maintains lasting relationships with media, trade and consumer, key influencers
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrated enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against predetermined brand and program goals
- Consumer Orientation: Understands consumer targets of each brand and how brand and channel fit with consumer motivations by occasion
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Planning and Implementation: Links brand strategy, brand communication, and brand promise to experiential/episodic consumer events. Additionally, the Brand Ambassador is expected to participate in brand planning meetings from inception and ideation through execution to ensure that the experiential piece will work in the trade