The Brand Development Specialist (BDS) position is responsible for maintaining Topo Chico availability and merchandising products in compliance with Coca-Cola standards within Large Stores and National Chain accounts.
Topo Chico Brand Development Specialist – Houston, TX
The Brand Development Specialist (BDS) position is responsible for maintaining Topo Chico availability and merchandising products in compliance with Coca-Cola standards within Large Stores and National Chain accounts. This includes cold box, ambient product placement, building displays, updating POS as well as maintaining clean and organized product space. The BDS is dedicated to meeting customer service expectations through daily communication, problem solving and appropriate follow up with all designated program stakeholders. Additionally, the BDS is responsible for maintaining professional relationships with Store(s) stakeholders, BDS colleagues, Coca-Cola & Greenhouse Management along with bottler stakeholders in addition to consumers at store level.
As the face of Greenhouse, the BDS will communicate frequently with the Territory Manager and regional client stakeholders to ensure alignment of program opportunities and objectives, while ensuring program imperatives are being achieved and excelled.
Account Management (80%):
- Build trusting relationships with store retailers.
- Ensure product is on-shelf and available in all designated areas of the store with proper signage and favorable shelf placement
- Maximize sales while keeping expenses to a minimum (within budget guidelines)
- Enhance retail presence by negotiating, building, setting, securing and moving in-store displays and placing point of sale materials (where possible), assuring price tags placement by the store
- Secure product rotation on shelves is in compliance with rotation standards, ensuring product freshness and quality
- Organize back rooms and cold vaults of stores, keeping these areas clean and accessible at all times
- Responsible for servicing the route assigned (20 – 25 accounts per day); subject to vary based on market.
Communication & Reporting (20%):
- Submit communication as prescribed by program stakeholders; Daily updates via Repsly and Quarterly Review(s)
- Account Calls via Mobile App
- Track KPI activity in “real-time”
- Submit expense reports (with hard copy receipts) bi-weekly
- Must be able to work flexible hours, with at least 95% of time spent visiting stores; sometimes weekends
- Must live in and have a strong geographic knowledge of the market
- Access to a reliable vehicle with valid driver’s license and clear an MVR (motor vehicle report)
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Proven ability to self-manage a workload and communicate proactively
- Organization and planning skills
- Highly self-motivated and proactive
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to interact effectively internally as well as with external contacts
- Energetic and confident when engaging with consumers, sales and store managers
- All final candidates will be asked to complete a background check including driving record, education, employment and criminal records.
- Open minded and adaptive to change
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb stairs/ladders, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, and reach with both hands and arms repetitively throughout the day.
- Must have good vision (close, color vision, peripheral, depth perception, adjust focus).
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively throughout the day.
- Must be willing to adapt to various environments including but not limited to: Extreme cold (cold vault), enclosed spaces, high places (second stories/stoops) and dusty areas.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Bottler contacts. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.