The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory.
Topo Chico Field Sales Manager – San Diego
Greenhouse Agency is an integrated engagement focused marketing agency committed to thinking boundary-less and innovating to empower others. We are industry experts who curate creative experiences that drive brand adoption, challenge the status quo, and spark movements. We look for passionate and talented people with integrity and an entrepreneurial spirit to join our movement. Apply today to become a part of our fun, challenging, and dynamic Greenhouse family.
About Our Client, Topo Chico:
Topo Chico, part of Coca Cola’s family of brands, has become the sparkling water of choice. The Mexican mineral water was founded in 1895 and is bottled at the source in Monterrey, Mexico. With its bright fizziness, this bubbly mineral water, in retro green-tinted glass bottles, has developed a fervent cult following. Consumers love the authentic sparkling water for its bright, clean taste and Mixologists love using Topo Chico in their cocktails for its subtle flavor, perfect amount of bubbles, and crisp finish. The secret behind Topo Chico is its great taste and rich heritage that has created a deep connection with tastemakers and consumers. Join the movement and start living La Vida Topo.
The Field Sales Manager (FSM) serves as a dedicated Sales resource in the assigned territory. Through the direction of the Greenhouse Director of Field Marketing (DFM) and the Topo Chico Regional Sales Manager (TCM), the FSM is accountable for the development of the Topo Chico portfolio in on premise channels. The FSM works closely with the TCM and the respective distributor sales team(s) to add value to both the Topo Chico portfolio and the Distributor(s). The FSM will be responsible for growing distribution, driving volume, and execution Guest Marketing Programs aimed at driving organic brand growth within “Lighthouse” Accounts. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have credibility in the Alcohol-Beverage industry and development of account relationships to drive velocity through engagement, brand advocacy, and brand education with consumers, trade, and the distributor(s).
Lighthouse Account Management (50%):
- Build trusting relationships with key on-premise customers to collaboratively build their profitability through the implementation of Topo Chico Guest Marketing Programs
- Serve as the primary contact for brand expertise/training to consumers and trade at on-premise top trending and influential accounts
- Assist in the development and modification of Guest Marketing Programs
- Drive brand image and velocity in 35 Lighthouse Accounts:
- Develop and modify Lighthouse Account focus respective to specific market area focuses
- Gain exclusive sparkling water availability
- Cultivate waitstaff Topo Chico advocacy
- Implement the appropriate drink strategy
- Drive food menu & drink menu branded placements
- Develop innovative drink features
- Implement in-outlet sampling programs to drive consumer trial
- Build and manage server and bartender incentive programs
- Manage corresponding budgets built specifically to support Guest Marketing Programs
Distribution Management (30%):
- Train and support Distributor Sales teams. Establish strong working relationships with the distributor sales teams by cultivating relationships, delivering business back to the wholesaler and/or bottler in addition to be the go-to person for product & brand information
- Coordinate with distributor sales teams and TCM to ensure growing distribution for the Brand’s portfolio. Update the account lists on an as-needed basis
- Monitor Distributor inventories to help ensure timely ordering patterns for all product and point of sale orders. Monitor distributor orders to maintain target inventories of product and POS at the distributor. Notify the TCM of any potential issues
- With the TCM, secure and conduct sales meetings with distributor sales staff to launch new programming, brand and product training and incentive activities
Field Marketing Activation (10%):
- Work with local Field Marketing team to align capabilities against on-going Lighthouse Account support, Guest Marketing Programs
- Work with Field Marketing Manager (FMM) to identify “non-traditional” events for potential brand support. Event selection must be in line with Topo Chico’s brand pillars: Music, Art, & Food
- Provide relevant social media content to Field Marketing; mentions, hashtags, etc. Content needs to be in line with Topo Chico brand guidelines
- Coordinate expectations and metrics with FMM to ensure successful execution
Program Alignment (10%):
- Submit communication as prescribed by program stakeholders; Weekly updates via GARDEN (GH Platform), Monthly Report via program template and Quarterly Review(s)
- GARDEN – Greenhouse proprietary platform used to track:
- Account Calls via Mobile
- Track KPI activity in “real-time”
- Organize all expenses against pre-established budgets; ensuring no budgets are exceeded
- Submit expense reports (with hard copy receipts)
- 3-5 years of beverage Sales experience; On-Premise, Alcohol-Beverage experience preferred
- Adept at networking, selling, and interacting with diverse groups of people
- Excellent communication and presentation/public speaking skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all members of extended sales and brand teams
- Has strong Business Acumen, including Microsoft Office, Professional communication, and Presentation development
- Ability to work with relevant social media channels and understand the brand’s social media strategy
- Understands how to get things done by leveraging opportunities against multiple resources
- Willingness to work unconventional hours (late nights and weekends)
- Must be willing to live in the focus market: San Francisco or Oakland, CA
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to drive/travel through the designated market area
- Ability to travel out of state
Essential Physical Functions:
- Communicates effectively both in person and over the phone, email and in presentations
- Observes associate, customer/member, or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Creates documents, reports, event recaps for tracking progress and success
- Ability to lift weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to carry weight in excess of 40 lbs.
- Ability to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to pick up and transport POS, event equipment, and product
This is a full-time position based on an annual contract with the client.
Further success factors include:
- Motivated by Adding Value: Operates with a high level of energy on outcomes. Demonstrates enthusiasm for the organization through commitments and actions.
- Accountability: Works autonomously and delivers against necessary company needs.
- Entrepreneurial Approach: Thinks constantly about creating innovative programming designed around the target consumer.
- Professional Demeanor: Is timely for all meetings, well dressed, always practices responsible drinking habits, and prepares for meetings in advance.
- Communication: Provides thorough communication with Greenhouse, Client, and Distributor contacts. This includes the ability to manage the flow of communication from the market to our client and the agency. Posts reports timely and accurately to our metrics system.